I’m going to be testing these recipes soon and blogging about them. In the meantime, here are the recipes. Don’t they look great? You can find more recipes on Vive Mejor.
Buffalo Chicken Rice
Recipe serves: 4
· 4 Tbsp. Country Crock® Spread, divided
· 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
· 1/4 cup cayenne pepper sauce, divided
· 1 cup regular rice [or converted rice]
· 2 cups water
· 1 1/2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon
· 1/2 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise
· 1/2 cup sour cream
· 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
· 1/2 cup chopped celery
· 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Spray 8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons Country Crock® Spread in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat and heat chicken with 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Remove chicken mixture and set aside.
3. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons Spread in same skillet and cook rice, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until golden. Stir in water and Knorr® Chicken flavor Bouillon and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
4. Remove rice from heat, then stir in chicken mixture, remaining 3 tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce, Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Light Mayonnaise and sour cream. Spread 1/2 of the mixture in prepared dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, then top with remaining chicken mixture and cheddar cheese.
5. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with celery and blue cheese.
Guava Glazed Pork Roast
Recipe serves: 12
· 5 -lb. boneless pork loin roast, trimmed
· 2 cups water
· 3 Knorr® Reduced Sodium Chicken flavor Bouillon Cubes, crumbled
· 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
· 4 green onions, thinly sliced
· 2 tsp. ground ginger
· 1 cup guava jelly
1. Preheat oven to 425° F. Arrange pork in a large roasting pan and season, if desired, with salt and pepper. Roast for 1 hour. Meanwhile, bring water and next 4 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring to dissolve bouillon. Boil about 3 minutes or until sauce is reduced slightly. Stir in jelly and continue to boil an additional 3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Reserve 1 cup. Brush remaining glaze over pork and continue to roast until a meat thermometer inserted in roast reaches 160°F. Serve sliced pork with reserved guava sauce.
Apple Spice Crumb Cake
Recipe serves: 16
· APPLE CAKE:
· 3 cups all-purpose flour
· 2 cups sugar
· 1 Tbsp. baking powder
· 1/2 tsp. salt
· 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
· 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
· 1/4 tsp. baking soda
· 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
· 1 1/4 cups Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
· 1 tsp. vanilla extract
· 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
· CRUMB TOPPING:
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 3/4 cup sugar
· 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
· 1/2 cup Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise
1. For Apple Cake, preheat oven to 350°. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan; set aside.
2. In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, spices and baking soda; set aside.
3. In medium bowl, with wire whisk, beat eggs, Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® Real Mayonnaise and vanilla until smooth.
4. Toss apples with flour mixture, then stir in mayonnaise mixture until combined. Dough will be stiff. Evenly spread into prepared pan.
5. For Crumb Topping, in medium bowl, combine all ingredients. With fingers, gently squeeze flour mixture to form crumbs; evenly sprinkle over batter.
6. Bake 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and crumbs are golden. On wire rack, cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.